Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Born Again Shmorn Again



In follow-up to my post yesterday re:Speaker's Corner, I was walking by there this afternoon and saw a few people standing around. I took off my headphones and asked what they were speaking about. I wouldn't have bothered if I had known I was going to have to answer the old "Have you accepted our lord, Jesus Christ in your heart". (note to all Jews: the response "No, I killed your lord Jesus Christ" works wonders).

I need an answer as to why only Christian fundamentalists and lunatics ever take advantage of opportunities to express themselves on soapboxes and signboards. This goes back to my graffiti question again. I wasn't expecting a dissertation on the state of abstract expressionism but a nice rant about Chinese human rights or the Creba trials would have been nice.

1 Comments:

Blogger z5h said...

Think of religions as selfish replicators. Successful religions are full of behaviors that are good at propagating that religion, irrespective of the effects of those behaviors on the practitioners.

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home